ICMA welcomes membership applications from Christian organisations engaged in seafarers’ welfare work and committed to our principles of ecumenical working.
Applications for membership are considered by the Annual General Meeting usually held in the second half of the year.
Societies wishing to be considered for membership of ICMA should submit the following documentation:
- formal letter of application addressed to the Chairman of ICMA (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- completed application form
- signed copy of the ICMA code of conduct indicating your acceptance of ICMA principles
- a copy of your society’s constitution in English accompanied by any relevant documentation stating your organisational aims
- one year’s financial membership contribution
The membership contributions are arranged on a sliding scale according to ability to pay. At this time, there is a minimum requirement of GBP 500. The annual membership contribution is payable in advance and is required to be paid upon application for membership. This is to demonstrate the commitment of your society to attain and to use ICMA membership. If the AGM decides that an application for membership must be refused for whatever reason, the membership contribution will be repaid in full.
Download the relevant documents here:
Representatives of societies considering applying for membership of ICMA are invited to contact us for an informal discussion.