Maritime ministries have undergone profound developments in the last generation. Those involved in seafarers’ welfare and ministry need to continue to develop professionally to help their work adapt to changing realities. This course gives an overview and discussion of key issues in seafarers’ welfare and maritime ministry. The course is designed for new chaplains, ship visitors and volunteers, but should also be useful for those who have experience in maritime ministry, but wish to sharpen their skills.
Course Director: Dr. Jason Zuidema, General Secretary, ICMA, email@example.com
- Online posted weekly online (5) – beginning April 25 online
- In class one week Hamburg, Germany – May 27 – June 2, 2017 in class
- Online posted weekly online (2)
- Dedicated course website link sent to students
- Webinars (recorded on “Gotomeeting”)
- In class – Conference room and excursions in Hamburg, Germany
(includes 6 nights accommodation at DSM Krayenkamp Seafarers’ Hotel and meals May 27-June 2) **possibility of partial bursaries for travel costs, but not known until Spring 2018**
Course size: 25 students maximum
Seafarers’ Hotel Krayenkamp
Krayenkamp 5, 20459 Hamburg
Topics and lecturers: Dr. Jason Zuidema and various professors (international and local experts to be announced).
Readings: Short texts or recorded speeches given with each lesson.